Karish Andrews is a Partner at Lewis Silkin a top 100 UK law firm, he also spent 3 years at the Magic circle firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
- Agency M&A
- Building value back into your business
- Who’s buying all the creative services firms today
- Diversity and inclusion in the legal profession
Modestly, he says wasn’t talented/creative enough so he became a lawyer.
The goal of Lewis Silkin is to become the best employment law firm in the UK and to become the Best firm for clients in the creative industries.
We also discuss:
- Pre COVID it was a seller’s market
- How EBITDA and profitability has gone down for many agencies
- Uncertainty in the market, not only COVID but Brexit which hasn’t been discussed, Trump reelection, China trade war
- The impact of COVID 19 on Lewis Silkin
- Why some deals don’t go according to plan
- The importance of leadership and culture.
He talks about D&I in the legal profession and says, if we imagine we’re scaling a diversity mountain, gender diversity would be at basecamp and ethnic diversity would be in the distant foothills.
We talk about the issues with accessibility in the legal profession which is a massive issue in the magic circle firms
He talks about racism still being an issue in the UK. His mother was racially abused on a bus in leafy west London. Its an area quite close to his heart because his grandfather was involved in the fight for freedom in apartheid South Africa.
Enjoy the chat.